New York, early 20th century, base #358, shade #1475, leaded glass shade in variegated violet, green, and orange, interior rim marked "Tiffany Studios/New York/1475-17", 7-3/4 x 18-1/2 in.; patinated bronze base with repeating naturalistic decoration, three sockets, each marked "Weber", raised on pad feet, base marked "Tiffany Studios/358", 26-1/2 x 10-1/8 in.
Note: Similar example pictured in Alastair Duncan, Tiffany Lamps and Metalware pg. 165, fig. 669.
each socket working/electricity working at time of inspection, shade with a few air bubbles, approximately 90 cracks and fine hairlines, including one area of lower banding with more severe hairlines and spider cracks, surface accretion to shade and base, base causing shade to be slightly off kilter, anomalies as made, heat cap and base with discoloration, verdigris, and uneven patination, wear to feet, probably rewired
Property from the Thomson House, 5th Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, built by Thomas Chalmers Darsie; by descent to Anne Darsie Thomson then to Robert Thomson; Gifted 2014 to Chatham University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania